Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Over The Hill Cookies

I got my first order for over the hill cookies, I have never done this theme before and I was excited to do some thing different. My friend ordered these for a coworker of hers and she picked  out the sayings she wanted and then let me have free reign on the rest.  

Excuse my white balance it was overcast when I took these pictures. 

First up, the plaque to wish Layne a happy birthday. The stencil used in the picture is from Salsa Stencils. I used pearl airbrush with all the cookies in the set.


It's a birthday so balloons are in order. I used my petal craft dusts to do some shading on the balloons. 


As well as balloons you have to have cake...in cookie form, right! 


And of course the obligatory head stone stating you are over the hill. The cracks are the wet on wet technique dragged with a toothpick and shading with petal dust.


These over the hill sayings are pretty funny. Stencil used here is from Artfully Designed Creations and can be found here


I have a few chevron stencils this one I got from Michaels. This cute cutter is called the Jenn from Whisked Away Cutters and can be found here.


I really like how this one turned out. Shading was done by using brown airbrush around the edges.


And this is my favorite, I just love the long rectangle which the cutter is from Truly Mad Plastics and you can find it here. and the stencil is from Artfully Designed Creations and you can find it here


And here they are all together. I sure hope Layne has a great birthday! Thanks JoDee for the order. 


No comments:

Post a Comment