Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Queen of Keeping it Clean - Tye

I am a little behind on posting but that's ok cause that means I have cookies to post. Last week was my SIL, Tye's, birthday. She is married to my older brother Alvin.

Tye is a wonderful woman she is always on the go doing something. She reminds me of a busy bee.

I am going to let her cookies describe her, her hobbies, likes, personality, memories, etc....
Tye keeps it clean. Her house is clean, her car is clean her kids were always clean.
I have never been in her home when it is messy. She even has to have the house all clean before they go out of town or on vacation.
Tye keeps it clean at her job. She is the cleaning check lady. She goes around to university approved housing and does cleaning checks on those who rent the apartments. They have to pass her cleaning check to be able to get their deposits back at the end of semester.
Tye likes to talk.... on the phone, at church, at sporting events, on the street, in front of her house. None of these are bad. I love getting to chat with her. She just talks way more than I do. I think it is a gift to be able to talk with anyone.
One of Tye's favorites or at least it used to be is mint chocolate chip ice cream. 
Wow I just realized as I am looking at this ice cream cone cookie picture that I totally forgot to finish the detail on the cones. Ooops. :)

A while ago she told me that she felt that she did not have any talents such as making something or having a side job talent. I told her that her talent is being able to be a friend to people. She kinda shrugged at that. But being able to befriend people  is a talent for sure and one that I lack in. Tye has so many friends and her ability to be able to be friendly and loving to others is an amazing talent and she should be happy that she possesses it.


I also threw this heart hand cookie in, because she loves to hold hands with people and especially with her husband and kids. She still always tries to get her children to snuggle, kiss and hold hands with her even though they are all grown up. Good thing she has a couple of grand kids to love on now. :)



And the last cookies are my memory of Tye. Tye can even keep it clean while lingerie shopping.

I love to tease her with this one. Tye is modest and that is not a bad thing, she is reserved and gets embarrassed if you start talking about the intimate things in life. Years ago when my brother just older than me was getting married three of us (me, my sister and Tye) went shopping for a bridal shower gift for our soon to be sister in law. My sister and I were pulling out nightgowns and chemises that were in good taste and a little sassy and Tye was getting all embarrassed and she held up some long sleeve, high necked night gown and suggested it. My sister and I gave her such a hard time. I really don't remember if it was a flannel plaid gown but that is how the story has been told ever since and so I made these for my memory of Tye.


I sure hope that Tye had a wonderful birthday and that she enjoyed the cookies!
Here is the whole gang together.




1 comment:

  1. That is to funny. She is an amazing cleaner. I'm glad she hasn't been to my house in a while.

    ReplyDelete